Applications must be submitted online to The Office of Graduate Studies. You are required to submit the following:
- A completed online application form. Once admitted International students will receive and e-mail with instruction on submitting a Financial Responsibility form.
- Resume or CV.
- UPDATE for Spring and Fall 2022 admission: Official test scores. Due to COVID-19, the Department of Physics and Astronomy is waiving the general GRE requirement for our graduate program this year. If you wish to apply without a general GRE score, please enter a future GRE exam date into the application when prompted. This need not be an actual exam date. Entering any future date will allow your application to be sent on to our review committee where it will receive full consideration. Reporting your scores is entirely optional. If you choose to not submit a general GRE score, this will have no bearing on the competitiveness of your application. The physics subject GRE is also optional this year. For students whose first language is not English, a TOEFL score is required (a waiver of the TOEFL exam is only allowed when a degree has been earned in a country where English is the primary language or a degree has already been earned in the United States).
- Application Fee Waiver - The department of Physics & Astronomy will not waive the application fee; however the fee is deferred until you are offered a letter of acceptance/rejection to the program. If accepted, you are expected to pay the fee once you accept our offer. If rejected, you are not expected to pay the fee.
- If you have any questions regarding this process, email email@example.com
- Please review this page and our FAQ page PRIOR to contacting the email address above (especially the section regarding GRE scores waiver and the application fee waiver).
- At this time we are not offering Spring semester admission. All applications received before 31 January 2023 will be considered for Fall 2023 admission.