The Department organizes or hosts conferences, summer schools, and small workshops at the University conference facilities, which include Clayton Hall in Newark and Virden Retreat and Conference Center in Lewes at the Delaware beach on the Atlantic Ocean coast, as well as in remote locations.
- October 15-16, 2016: Annual Meeting of the APS Mid-Atlantic Section
- June 2-3, 2016: 4th Delaware Workshop on White Dwarfs and Compact Objects honoring the contributions of Dr. Harry Shipman
- October 23 - 24, 2014: The Brown Dwarf to Exoplanet Connection Conference: Making Sense of Atmospheres and Formation
- April 23, 2014: Symposium honoring 2014 Benjamin Franklin Medalist Dr. Daniel Kleppner in Physics
- April 24, 2013: Symposium honoring 2013 Benjamin Franklin Medalist in Physics
- August 1-3, 2012: ARO Workshop - Dispersion Interactions and Density Funcational Theory
- September 2-3, 2011: Spintronics Workshop in honor of Dr. Chia-Ling Chien
- September 3 - 5, 2008: Research Trends in Novel Magnets for Electromagnetic Applications, Santorini, Greece.
- June 18 - 26, 2007: 2007 BCSPIN Summer School, Beijing, China.
- April 27, 2006: Franklin Institute Symposium - Helium nanodroplets: Novel finite quantum fluids and a chemical laboratory
- November 17, 2005: Water Festival IV
- May 27-30, 2003: ARO Workshop - Tools for Condensed Phase Computational Chemistry