Outreach News and Events:
- October 17, 2013: Vernon Lecture by David Jewitt, UCLA, A New Look at the Comets - Open to the public
- April 18, 2013: Lights and Stars, PHYS139, with Prof. Bouchelle - Open to the public
- October 25, 2012: Vernon Lecture by Mark Morris, The Black Hole at the Center of Our Milky Way Galaxy
- October 19, 2011: Vernon Lecture by Greg Laughlin, "The Search for Exoplanets"
- November 11, 2010: Schools, public invited to follow UD Antarctic expedition
- October 20, 2010: Vernon Lecture by Captain Alan Bean, Apollo Astronaut
- December 17, 2009: South Pole researchers connect with Delaware K-12 students
As part of our commitment to physics in the public service, our Department takes as part of its mission the encouragement of young people’s interest in science careers and the enhancement of public scientific literacy through a variety of outreach programs. We share the excitement of physics and the wonder of our natural world with elementary school children through grandparents— students, teachers, and the general public.
- Delaware Space Grant Consortium outreach for pre-college and general public
- Future Scientist and Engineers Series
- Summer research experience for high scool students
- Nanophysics for High School Teachers
- Newark Community Day
Educational Web sites involving UD research teams: